What personal data do we collect for our newsletter, and what data do we save about the data subjects?
For its newsletter, SOP-Metl Oy (hereinafter ‘SOP-Metal’) will only collect the person’s (hereinafter ‘subscriber’) e-mail address, to which the newsletter will be sent.
In order to avoid incorrect newsletter subscriptions, we utilise a double confirmation of subscription.
1. The subscriber cannot order the newsletter before they have ticked the box ‘I want to subscribe to the newsletter’ by clicking with the mouse.
2. The newsletter subscription will not be activated before the subscriber has confirmed the order at the e-mail address to which the subscription relates.
In addition to the e-mail address, our WordPress Newsletter plugin will save the following data about the subscriber:
1. The e-mail list(s) the subscriber joins. There are two options: the Finnish and English list. The subscriber can join both lists, if they wish.
2. Information about whether the newsletter has been successfully sent to the subscriber.
3. Information about whether the subscriber has opened the newsletter.
4. Information about whether the subscriber has clicked the link in the newsletter.
5. If the subscriber clicks the link in the newsletter, the URL address of the clicked link will also be saved.
6. In addition, the IP address at which the newsletter is read will also be saved.
How can I cancel the newsletter subscription, and for how long will the data related to the subscriber be saved?
The subscriber can leave the mailing list in one of two ways:
1. In the e-mail concerning the activation of the subscription, there is a link via which the subscription can be cancelled. The same activation e-mail also contains a link to the subscriber’s own subscription information, where the subscriber can afterwards manage the e-mail lists they have joined.
2. The newsletter subscription can also be cancelled by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link sent in every e-mail.
We erase the data of the subscribers who have unsubscribed from the newsletter once a year. Data erasure will take place during the month of January. If the subscriber wants the data to be erased without delay (in the course of 30 days, at the earliest), they must send a data erasure request via e-mail to email@example.com.
What is the intended purpose of the collected personal data?
The e-mail address will only be used for sending the newsletter. The data collected by the WordPress Newsletter plugin will only be used for measuring the effectiveness of SOP-Metal’s communications.
The data or e-mail addresses we collect will not be disclosed to third parties, excluding the WordPress Newsletter plugin we are using.